Home > Institutional Effectiveness > SUNY Canton Quick Facts

SUNY Canton Quick Facts

In Fall 2016, SUNY Canton had a total enrollment of 3,244 students. 83% of these students were studying full-time while the remaining 17% studied part-time while balancing jobs, families, and other commitments. 27% of students were non-traditional college students (over the age of 23) and 57% of students are female.

Additional Student Demographics

Race/Ethnicity - Fall 2016

American Indian or Native Alaskan 2%
Asian 1%
Black or African American 13%
Hispanic 11%
Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander 0%
White 67%
Multiracial 2%
Non-Resident Alien 2%
Unreported 3%

Home Residence

St. Lawrence County 33%
North Country* (not including SLC) 13%
New York City** 18%
Other New York State 31%
Outside New York State (including international) 6%

*Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Jefferson, and Lewis counties
**Bronx, Kings, New York, Queens, and Richmond counties

Family Demographics

Economically Disadvantaged 63%
First-Generation College Student 44%

Degree Type Sought

Certificate 2%
Associate 39%
Baccalaureate 54%
Non Degree 5%

Course Delivery Type

All Classes Face-to-Face 42%
All Classes Online 25%
Mixed Delivery (Online and Face-to-Face Courses) 33%
Other Campus (Akwesasne, BOCES, etc.) 1%

Financial Aid

For the Spring 2016 cohort of full-time, New York State residents, 79% of students received federal, state, or institutional grant aid.

No Federal, State, or Institutional Grant Aid 21%
Grant Aid Covering Between 1% and 50% of Tuition 22%
Grant Aid Covering Between 51% and 99% of Tuition 18%
Full Grant Aid Covering All of Tuition 39%

For those students receiving aid, average grant aid award amount was $6,406 (tuition was $6470.)

Office of Institutional Effectiveness
MacArthur Hall 220
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617

Sarah Todd
Director of Institutional Research
Phone: (315) 379-3975

Janel Smith
Institutional Research Assistant
Phone: (315) 386-7920