Billing Instructions - Spring Semester

The Spring 2024 DUE DATE IS Friday, JANUARY 5 @ 4 PM

Listed below is the overall process to complete your billing requirements online. If you’re unfamiliar with this process or have questions, you will find the following information helpful when attempting to complete the required online forms, view your bill, and ensure it is processed by the deadline.

Failure to have your bill processed by the billing due date may result in a $40 late fee and your course schedule being dropped.

You are not officially registered for a semester until your bill is processed.

Start Here

Part 1: Complete the Billing Survey

  1. At this point any required survey will pop up preventing you from going further into your UCanWeb until the survey is completed.
    • For more information on the Billing Survey, see the “Required Billing Survey Information” section below.

Part 2: Waive Health Insurance

Before you can waive your health insurance, you must have your SUNY Canton email set up. A 6-digit verification code will be emailed to you that you will need to waive your insurance.

TO WAIVE MEDICAL INSURANCE – The medical insurance charge will only show if you indicated on your survey you are enrolling as a full-time student.

  • Go to the Billing menu in UCANWEB and select ‘Complete Health Insurance Waiver’.
  • You will get a 6-digit verification code emailed to your SUNY Canton email.
  • Complete all steps to confirming you have proper health insurance coverage & enter insurance information to waive this fee.
  • You will receive an email after confirmation stating if your waiver request is approved or denied.

Be sure to read your confirmation email from UHC to make sure you “waived” coverage and did not “enroll”. The charge/credit could take up to one business day to be reflected on your student account. You will not see the change reflected on your billing statement until a new statement is created.

Part 3: View/Pay Your Bill


To access your Billing Statement, login to your UCanWeb

  • Select the Student Menu ⤵
  • Select the Billing Menu ⤵
  • Select Transact Payments Portal ⤵
  • Select View Statements ⤵
    (this is located in the upper right-hand corner of the overview page OR at the bottom of the menu on the left-hand side)
  • Select the most recent statement 
    (Statements are a screenshot of their creation date. Changes made after a statement is created will not reflect on that statement. They will reflect on the next statement created).
  • Review statement for accuracy.


ONLINE: Pay by credit card or electronic withdrawal from a checking or savings account online in Transact Payments Portal located within the UCanWeb.

PAYMENT PLAN: SUNY Canton has partnered with Transact Payments; this plan allows you to pay the balance of your bill over a 4 or 5 month period for the semester, depending on when the plan is set-up. The enrollment fee is $35/semester. Students can enroll through their Transact Payments Portal located within their UCanWeb.

For questions about the payment plan, contact a representative at 877-821-0625.

PAPER CHECK: Make check payable to 'SUNY Canton'. Be sure to include the student's SUNY Canton ID Number on the check.

Check or Money Orders can be mailed to:

Attn: Student Service Center
SUNY Canton
34 Cornell Dr.
Canton, NY 13617

Part 4: Confirm Your Bill Has Been Processed


You will receive an email receipt once your bill has been processed. Your receipt is the confirmation that you are officially registered for the semester.

If you have not received an email receipt your bill is NOT processed. Communication is sent to students via their SUNY Canton email and via text regarding issues that may be preventing their bill being processed. It is up to each student to reach out for assistance should they have questions or concerns on their billing prior to the billing deadline.

If you will not be returning to SUNY Canton, please notify the Registrar as soon as possible in writing by fax 315-379-3819 or email from your SUNY Canton email account. Please be sure to include your SUNY Canton ID number and the term you will not be attending.

*Submitting online materials without payment or payment arrangement does NOT guarantee you will retain your pre-scheduled courses or room assignment.

Required Billing Survey Information

Answer questions about your enrollment plan at SUNY Canton for the upcoming semester.

  • Enrollment: Confirm if you will or will not enroll for this coming term and if you will be part-time or full-time.

Answer questions about non-mandatory charges.

  • Roo Express: Confirm you would like a deposit made to your Roo Express account.
    • A Roo Express account is a discretionary spending account to use at the textbook center, campus store, all dining facilities, and any vendor between Canton and Potsdam that accepts Roo Express. If your bill is able to be covered without requested Roo Express (i.e. Roo Express is causing a balance due), you must pay that balance. The Student Accounts Office has the ability to lower the amount of or cancel Roo Express to process a bill.
    • To adjust your Roo Express credit after your bill has been processed, send an email to from your SUNY Canton e-mail.
  • Parking Fee: Enter your license plate number or decline on-campus parking.
  • Confirm if you will be a Residential or Commuting Student

Answer questions about your Financial Aid authorizations.

  • Choose the appropriate options which allows federal aid to pay for health insurance, parking and Roo Express charges and/or pay a prior balance.
  • If you need to make changes to your Financial Aid authorizations at any time, fill out the following form and return it to the Financial Aid office. Financial Aid Authorization Form

Note: You can continue making changes on your survey until you choose to submit the form. Once submitted, any changes or additions can only be made via a request in writing to the Student Accounts (Billing) Office at from your SUNY Canton email.

Housing and Meal Plan Options

If students have questions or concerns regarding the housing reflected on their statements (or ahead of their statement being due) they should contact the Residence Life Office at 315-386-7513 or for more information regarding their housing. Students may also review housing information at Office of Residence Life.

Meal Plans:
As a residential campus, the College requires that all students living in a residence hall participate in a meal plan. If you have questions or concerns pertaining to the meal plan you are seeing, or in regard to meal plans in general you may view Meal Plan Information or by contacting the College Association at (315) 386-7624 or

Hold Policy

Untimely payment of outstanding student account balances may result in a hold being placed on a student's account and the subsequent withholding of enrollment, grades, diplomas and class selection. Students are encouraged to contact the Student Service Center to discuss any special circumstances surrounding an outstanding account. Balances remaining at the end of the semester are subject to referral to the New York State Attorney General or a collection agency.

Explanation of Charges (per semester)