Billing Instructions - Winter 2023


Listed below is the overall process to complete your billing requirements online. If you’re unfamiliar with this process or have questions, you will find the following information helpful when attempting to complete the required online forms, view your bill, and make sure it processed by the processing deadline.

Failure to have your bill processed by the billing due date may result in a $40 late fee and your course schedule being dropped.

You are not officially registered for a semester until your bill is processed.

Start Here

Part 1: Complete the Billing Survey

  1. At this point any required survey will pop up preventing you from going further into your UCanWeb until the survey is completed.

    Answer questions about expectations to graduate at the end of Winterterm 2023.

    • Graduation: Indicate if you plan to graduate at the end of the semester.

    Answer questions about how you anticipate to pay for your Winterterm 2023 courses.

    • Indicate on how you plan to pay for your courses.

    Note: You can continue making changes on your survey until you choose to submit the form. Once submitted, any changes or additions can only be made via a request in writing to the Student Accounts (Billing) Office at from your SUNY Canton email.

    * If requesting Winter Financial Aid, be sure to read all eligibility requirements and submit all application materials timely. Winter assistance is not guaranteed.

Part 2: View/Pay Your Bill


To access your Billing Statement, login to your UCanWeb

  • Select the Student Menu ⤵
  • Select the Billing Menu ⤵
  • Select Transact Payments Portal ⤵
  • Select View Statements ⤵
    (this is located in the upper right-hand corner of the overview page OR at the bottom of the menu on the left-hand side)
  • Select the most recent statement 
    (Statements are a screenshot of their creation date. Changes made after a statement is created will not reflect on that statement. They will reflect on the next statement created).
  • Review statement for accuracy.


ONLINE: Pay by credit card or electronic withdrawal from a checking or savings account online in Transact Payments Portal located within the UCanWeb.

PAPER CHECK: Make check payable to 'SUNY Canton'. Be sure to include the student's Banner ID on the check.

Check or Money Orders can be mailed to:

Attn: Student Service Center
SUNY Canton
34 Cornell Dr.
Canton, NY 13617

Part 3: Confirm Your Bill Has Been Processed


You will receive an email receipt once your bill has been processed. Your receipt is the confirmation that you are officially registered for the semester.

If you have not received an email receipt your bill is NOT processed. Communication is sent to students via their SUNY Canton email and via text regarding issues that may be preventing their bill being processed. It is up to each student to reach out for assistance should they have questions or concerns on their billing prior to the billing deadline.

If you will not be returning to SUNY Canton, please notify the Registrar as soon as possible in writing by fax 315-379-3819 or email from your SUNY Canton email account. Please be sure to include your SUNY Canton ID number and the term you will not be attending.

*Submitting online materials without payment or payment arrangement does NOT guarantee you will retain your pre-scheduled courses or room assignment.

Winterterm Roo Express Options

A Roo Express account is a discretionary spending account to use at the textbook center, campus store, and all dining facilities. You can request an amount up to $50 per credit hour for the Winterterm If your bill is able to be covered without requested Roo Express (i.e. Roo Express is causing a balance due), you must pay that balance. The Student Accounts Office has the ability to lower the amount of or cancel Roo Express to process a bill.

To request Roo Express credit for Winterterm, email from your SUNY Canton email.

Hold Policy

Untimely payment of outstanding student account balances may result in a hold being placed on a student's account and the subsequent withholding of enrollment, grades, diplomas and class selection. Students are encouraged to contact the Student Service Center to discuss any special circumstances surrounding an outstanding account. Balances remaining at the end of the semester are subject to referral to the New York State Attorney General or a collection agency.